Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Sorry, no photos of Antigua Holy Week


More complaining, Alex! In two hours online, I have succeded in uploading exactly one photo to Picasa and one more to this blog. So much for my beautiful photos and clever captions about the week behind me. This photo is just to tease you, then. It shows an alfombra or carpet made of cerezo, vegetables and bread inside a church. I have hundreds of photos of carpets and processions through the streets that you can't see.

I confess I'm a little bored and lonely now in Guatemala, the first place that has happened. School is good, but there is little community, and it's all gringos, and the family I am staying with is a little edgy, and .... oh well. I keep occupied with grammar, reading the newspaper, visiting ruins (which I can see better, now that the half million people who were here last week haved departed, leaving Antigua's usual 40,000 residents and languge students) and going to lectures and movies. When lonely, take dance lessons, seek culture, distract yourself. So I am off to a fre Guatemalan movie now. I wish I could have a drink with someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment